Sunday 24 July 2011

Addition Jigsaws & Pegs

I got this idea from a friend of mine and I've seen this activity in the classroom. The jigsaw pieces are from Penneys and the pegs are from a local pound shop. I love the colourful pegs and the children seem to love them too. I know the pegs will come in handy for different exercises too!

One of the reasons I like these jigsaws is because they have their own in built control of error (as most Montessori materials should have), you can notice that each piece has a different shaped edge and only the correct answer will fit into the sum. I know its not your typical Montessori addition exercise but its something a bit different and I've seen the children spend time using it.

Here it is in a basket, ready for the shelf. The box of jigsaws also comes with subtraction jigsaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment